Daiwa Advantage 2500A Spinning Reel
Features and Specifications:
- Six ball bearing system including two CRBB corrosion resistant bearings and a roller bearing
- Lightweight, rugged computer die-cast aluminum alloy body & cover
ABS Machined Aluminum Spool
- Digigear digital gear design for speed, power and durability
- Washable design with sealed, water-proof drag
- Air Bail tubular stainless bail, strong yet light
- Lifetime Bail Spring
- Titanium-Nitrided ball bearing line roller
- Twist Buster II line twist reduction
- Infinite Anti-Reverse
- Free spare ABS aluminum spool
I purchased the Daiwa Advantage TDA 2500A Spinning Reel to use with my G-Loomis GL2 Spinning Rod SJR721 mentioned elsewhere.
All of the Team Daiwa spinning reels of similar design I tested were very nice. I selected the Advantage TDA 2500 over the other models because of the reels ability to handle some light saltwater use and more importantly I found it at a great price, about $50 cheaper than the outdoor catalogs.
The TDA 2500 a has a fantastic anti-reverse and a very smooth drag. The spool and bail design promote long accurate and tangle free casts with quality 6 pound test Suffix or Maxima fishing line. The 4.7:1 gear ratio retrieves 27″ of line per crank of the reel handle.
This is my favorite light to medium spinning reel to date.